Veterinary Pharmacology Chemotherapy Lecture Notes Contents:
- Antibacterial agents: Classification, general principles in antibacterial chemotherapy, antibacterial resistance. Sulphonamides and their combination with diaminopyrimidines, sulfones, nitrofurans, nalidixic acid and fluoroquinolones.
- Antibiotics: Penicillins and cephalosporins, aminoglycosides, tetracyclines, chloramphenicol, macrolides, polypeptides. Miscellaneous agents: methenamine, bacitracin. Rifampin. novobiocin, viginamycin, lincosamides and vancomycin.
- Antifungal agents: Topical and systemic agents including anti-fungal antibiotics
- Anthelmintics: Drugs used against cestodes, trematodes, nematodes, drug resistance, broad-spectrum anthelmintics.
- Antiprotozoal agents: Drugs used in trypanosomosis, theileriosis, babesiosis, coccidiosis, amoebiosis, giardiosis and trichomonosis.
- Ectoparasiticides, Antiviral and anticancer agents. Antiseptics and disinfectants. Growth promoters. Common indigenous drugs of plant origin with proven pharmacological and therapeutic efficacies in various animal ailments.
- New drugs and drug formulations.
Dr. AVINASH KUMAR, Assistant Professor, Department of Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology, Arawali Veterinary College, Sikar, Rajasthan